We are a Non-Denominational Ministry That is Focused on Equipping Christian Believers, Churches and Organizations for Biblical Evangelism through Preserving the Word, Presenting a True Biblical Gospel Message and Preaching this Gospel to the World one person at a time. We are Christians from different denominational backgrounds who have put aside theology and doctrine to work together for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are the Good Messengers who bring the good news of God's love offering of grace and salvation to the World.
We have been teaching evangelism courses, evangelism conferences, and putting together witnessing events since 1998 throughout Northwest Indiana. If you are interested in hosting a course in your church please contact us at email@example.com
Who we are, what we do, and why we do what we do...
The Great Commission
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
- Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
Good Messengers Ministries of Northwest Indiana Inc. has a three-fold purpose:
1. To Preserve the True Biblical Gospel Message of Jesus Christ.
2. To Present and train other Christians in Biblical Evangelism
3. To Preach the gospel, using the Law as a tutor to lead people to Jesus Christ
PRESERVING (Gods Word is Truth - Preservation)
The ways in which we are preserving God's Holy Word:
We as Good Messengers believe that the truth of God's Word in under attack and has been since the fall of man. No longer does American culture overall believe that the Bible is truth, and much is at stake. Why is it so vital to fight for the truth of God's word? Because God's truth is the only thing that can liberate people from the bondage of sin and give them eternal life (John 8:32; 14:6).
The simple truth of the Gospel found only in the Scriptures (the Bible) is necessary for salvation. "For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' [But how] shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:13-14. Scripture is clear about this: there is NO HOPE of salvation apart from hearing and believing the truth about Christ. That is why nothing is more destructive than not believing in the truth of God's Word. We at Good Messengers believe the Bible is a sacred treasure that has been committed to our trust (1 Timothy 6:20-21). It must be preserved!!!
We need to allow Scripture to rebuke and correct the spirit of our age, and never vice versa. Unfortunately, the church today is filled with people who have decided that biblical discernment, doctrinal boundaries, and the authority of the Devine Word of God are worn-out relics of a bygone area. Sadly, many Christians today often seem distressed about believers who think that that Bible is still worth fighting for, and about the dangers of false doctrine. Their complaint has become a familiar refrain: "Why don't you just lighten up? Why don't you ease off the campaign to refute what you disagree with? Why must you constantly critique what other Christians are teaching? After all, we all believe in the same Jesus." But Scripture clearly and repeatedly warns us that not everyone who claims to believe in Jesus really does! Jesus Himself said many would claim to know Him who actually do not (Matthew 7:22-23). So it is the very height of folly (and disobedience) for Christians in the current generation to decide to all of a sudden that in the name of "love" we ought to sweep aside every Biblical idea from God's Word about the gospel and unconditionally embrace everyone who claims to be Christian, and through this we continue to fight for the truth of Gods Word. How do we at Good Messengers preserve God's Word?
1. By #1 Reading it on a daily basis, and being familiar with God's Word (The Holy Bible).
2. By refuting false gospel messages and teaching a Biblical Gospel message of repentance and
faith using the Law (lovingly) to bring conviction of sin to point to Christ and what He did on cross
for our salvation as a free gift of grace from God.
3. By Treasuring the Word of God, not in worship (which is idolatry) but rather as a sacred
gift from God of His revelation of Himself to us. Through treasuring the Bible we teach what price
was paid for us to have our Bibles in the English language through English Bible History lessons.
The variety of ways were involved in training other Christians in evangelism:
1. Our main training material is to use the Law as a tutor to lead people to Jesus Christ- Law to the
proud, grace to the humble. Weve found that the vast majority of unbelievers we bump into
believe that they are good enough to go to heaven and escape the judgment of hell, or they
suppress the truth about judgment by denying it exists or minimizing it. The law, the 10
Commandments is what God has prescribed to show people their utter sinfulness and the resulting
just judgment of God, leading them to realize the need for salvation through Jesus Christs death
on the cross in their place.
2. We train both one on one as were out on the streets witnessing and we offer training classes using
the materials modified from the Way of the Master & Mark Cahill Ministries.
3. We offer Conferences | Outreaches | Workshops to raise up more harvesters and train them and
get them a good start, and to encourage more seasoned evangelists in their faith.
4. We give single messages at churches, conferences and events
The ways we encourage those active in evangelism on how to raise up more harvesters:
1. Conferences | Seminars | Workshops etc...as mentioned above.
2. We lead evangelism course studies to sharpen those who want to grow in evangelism leadership
3. We actively pursue Christians to challenge them regarding evangelism to see if
a. Theyre active in sharing their faith (Phil. 6),
b. To see if theyre familiar with the purpose of Gods Law in evangelism.
c. If they arent familiar with it, we introduce them to the teaching, with the hopes of adding one
more harvester to the harvest fields.
4. We partner-up with local Churches, Individual Christians, and Christian organizations who have the
Biblical Gospel message as a main objective to their overall ministry.
PREACHING (Witnessing | Sharing our Christian faith)
The variety of ways were involved in preaching the gospel:
1. Street Evangelism: out on the streets in Northwest Indiana, Chicago and the surrounding areas- our
focus is one on one evangelism in pairs and threesomes.
2. Evangelism in the malls, fairs, and other events in pairs and threesomes.
3. Special Events Evangelism: City and County Fairs, Conventions, Taste of Chicago, etc...
4. Prayer Station Ministry at events. Click here to learn more & Good Person Booth Ministry
5. Most importantly....Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in everyday life with the people God puts
you in contact with. We find this area to be the most important and vital part of preaching the gospel.